[ExI] Richard Lindzen on climate hysteria

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Tue Aug 4 19:06:24 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 12:06:00AM -0400, John K Clark wrote:
> "Damien Sullivan" <phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu>
>
>> Funny how people who believe in nanotech and AI and such have
>>  trouble with closer and more plausible visions.  Like
>> nuclear/solar/geothermal providing the basic power, and liquid
>> fuels being synthesized from biomass
>
> Help me out, what's funny about that? Ideas like Nanotech and AI are
> entirely logical and smart as hell. Other concepts, like synthesizing
> ethanol alcohol for fuel from a substance called "corn" that

That is stupid, but I didn't say anything about corn, did I?  That's
your strawman.  I said from biomass or atmospheric CO2 (which you cut
off).  Certain applications like liquid fuels as a local energy source,
but nothing stops us from synthesizing it from other energy sources.
All the chemical steps are known factors, though not necessarily
mass-industrialized yet due to lack of need.

-xx- Damien X-)