[ExI] Richard Lindzen on climate hysteria

Alfio Puglisi alfio.puglisi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 09:42:38 UTC 2009

2009/8/5 Tomaz Kristan <protokol2020 at gmail.com>:
> Do not invoke the so called high science and then asume that it's on your
> side of the debate.
>
> Rather ask yourself, how many Amazon rivers you need to fill the world ocean
> to an additional meter in 100 years.
>
> The elementary arithmetics will show you the utter nonsense of such a claim.
>
> Then you may proceed, if you still want to.

Did you do the calculation? You might be surprised by the results.
Unless I made some big mistake, it works out to a bit less than 0.5
amazon rivers.

But you are not just filling a bowl with water: thermal expansion of
the oceans is the biggest factor in sea level rise. Mountain glaciers
melting and Greenland melting are the next bigger factor. See the
graphs on this page:

https://publicaffairs.llnl.gov/news/news_releases/2008/NR-08-06-07.html

Since thermal expansion amount for at least half of the total, you
need less than 0.25 amazons, distributed over all the Arctic area and
all the glacier-runoff rivers. You would hardly notice.

Alfio