[ExI] Sea level rise (was: Curves on a graph (was Re: Richard Lindzen on climatehysteria))

Alfio Puglisi alfio.puglisi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 15:49:22 UTC 2009

2009/8/5 Tomaz Kristan <protokol2020 at gmail.com>:

> Still, I wander where will you get the water you need.

Total water discharge of fresh water into the oceans from rivers, etc.
is 1 million cubic meters per second. If you just increase this by 10%
you'll have all the water you need for a 1 meter sea level rise, even
without the thermal expansion. It seems to me a small increase.

> Groenland has springs of water, 100 liters per meter per second on its
> beaches? All around the island, 24/7/365???

You seem to visualize sea level rise like a fountain of water from the
coasts of Antarctica and greenland, at dozens of liters per second.

But think about this: the sea level is already rising, today, at a
rate of about 300 mm/year. That's one third of the speed you find
incredible. According to your own calculations, that should equate to
3 liters/second from each meter of Antarctica coast, or 30 liters per
meter from greenland.

Do you see those fountains? I don't. But sea level is rising anyway.

Alfio