[ExI] Military aims for instant repair of wartime wounds

Henrique Moraes Machado cetico.iconoclasta at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 03:07:05 UTC 2009

> At 11:29 PM 8/4/2009 -0300, Henrique Moraes Machado wrote
>>And I also hope laser pistols and personal energy shields are next.

Damien Broderick> As an old [non-violent] street demonstrator during the
Vietnam war, I
> really really hope not.

I can see why you wouldn't want a laser pistol, bu why not the personal
shield? I can think of some non-violent uses for this. For instance it would
be nice to have one last month when I broke my tibia as a result of a
motorbyke accident. I also could use the Darpa instant repair right now, if
already available...