[ExI] Sea level rise

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 15:12:50 UTC 2009

2009/8/9 Tomaz Kristan <protokol2020 at gmail.com>:
> This calculator gives the same density for non salt water at 3.74 to 4.23
> degrees: 1000.000
>
> Not very acccurate not one you can trust.

The following pages confirm that the density of pure water does not
vary by more than one part per million in the range 3.6 to 4.4 degrees
Celsius:

http://faculty.uccb.ns.ca/chowley/chem201/dh20vstemp.htm

http://antoine.frostburg.edu/chem/senese/101/measurement/faq/water-density.shtm

However, they do differ from the calculator I originally quoted in
that they give a density of less than 1000.000 kg/m^3 for pure water.
Perhaps the first calculator is (mistakenly) referring to specific
gravity rather than density.

--
Stathis Papaioannou