[ExI] Climate for Transhumanism

Andrii Zvorygin andrii.z at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 13:24:16 UTC 2009

What is the best climate for the development of transhumanism?

In astrophysics,
and they state it was hot in the beginning of the universe,
and has been cooling down since.

By inference,
more advanced things are cooler.

Liquid water host-bodies are more advanced than whirl wind host bodies,
and are generally cooler.

So technological host bodies,
cooler than water host-bodies.

It's easier to think when it's colder.
Can be proved through contradiction,
go to a really hot place,
and try to do some thinking.

One of the reasons I think the Transtopia idea
of getting a  place in the hot Caribbean,
isn't going to lead to much innovation,
except perhaps some air conditioning.

In the Arctic or Antarctic,
where people can think quite clearly,
and have much motivation to use technology,
from fulfilling everyday desires.
To help make their lives easier,
via artificial structures for warmth,
wind power generators, heating technology,
and indoor growing environments.

Also if a robot is made,
it can travel across a relatively flat surface,
and have readily accessible wind power at all times of year,
in most locations (other than caves),
Also relatively safe from biota,
which is spare on the tundra.
Though there maybe the occasional curious polar bear,
they typically avoid things that don't smell like meat.

Best of all,
the Arctic is free,
much of it remains uninhabited,
even by nomadic tribes.

Quite open to trans-humanist research.
I've developed a boat,
designed and modeled,
that allows for all year access to the arctic,
by traveling on liquid and solid water (waves and ice),
http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b118a1cc8c6a.jpg

I have the designs available if someone is interested.
http://lokiworld.org/hexagonal.txt

designed for two people, it's 11ft long.
regular sides, makes for easy building.
sails operable from inside, (potentially by computer controls).

already technological innovation is creeping in to this cooler lifestyle.

So what are your thoughts on climate for transhumanism?