[ExI] Me

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Fri Dec 4 02:21:08 UTC 2009

Damien Broderick wrote:

> On 12/3/2009 4:17 PM, Robert Masters wrote:
>>
>>> From childhood's hour I have not been
>> As others were; I have not seen
>> As others saw; I could not bring
>> My passions from a common spring.
>>> From the same source I have not taken
>> My sorrow; I could not awaken
>> My heart to joy at the same tone;
>> And all I loved, I loved alone.
>>
>> It's all mine.
>
> Report from the ExI readership:
>
> "Me too!", "Me too!", "The Cat who walks by himself.", "Me too!", "Yo!!", "Me too!"
> "Me too!", "Oh you say it so beautifully i couldnt have put it so sweetly but yes i
> feel that way also", "Me too!", "Me too!", "Huh???", "I know what u mean!", "Me too!"
> "yes I feel exactlty that way, not like anyone else in the whole world."

Well, let's read that again---carefully this time:

 > From childhood's hour I have not been
  As others were; I have not seen
  As others saw; I could not bring
  My passions from a common spring.
 > From the same source I have not taken
  My sorrow; I could not awaken
  My heart to joy at the same tone;
  And all I loved, I loved alone.

ExI members are like *that*?  Hath not an Extropian
lungs with which to laugh at the Three Stooges,
lips with which to moan at bad puns (and the political
opposition)?  Hath not an Extropian eyes to see
what others do indeed see? (Most often, that is.)
Are our passions not aroused from movies and
comedies too numerous to refer to?

Hath not an Extropian pain and anguish, joining
millions in sad recognition of bad trends? Join
not Extropians in rooting for Obama or McCain?
(Or just plain rutting?)

Hath not an Extropian sympathy and infinite regret
at our poor friend Hal's great torment?

The writer is indeed very special, or has misspoke,
or is deluded.

All that we love, we love alone? Let anyone but
the OP (or his source) say it's true! I dare you.

Lee