[ExI] climategate again

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 23:18:40 UTC 2009

On 12/5/09, spike wrote:
<snip>
>  BillK, I am not denying climate change, but the changers are carrying the
>  burden of proof, and there is a definite suspicion that scientific
>  misbehavior took place.
>  We have some work to do before we are ready to draw conclusions.

As Keith (I think) pointed out, the work that the world should be
doing to alleviate global warming is work that the world should be
doing anyway.
And the work should have started 20 years ago.

Even if global warming wasn't happening, the world should be moving to
renewable energy sources anyway. Solar power, wind power, fuel cells,
nuclear power, geothermal power, etc.

The entrenched energy industries of coal and oil are fighting tooth
and nail to protect their industry and profits and delaying the
transfer to alternative fuels as long as possible. One hopeful sign is
that the oil industry appears to be diversifying as oil production
starts dropping. So they will be supporting green energy once they
become the new green energy industry and can profit from it.

The trouble is that it might be too late by then for large areas of the world.

BillK