[ExI] Tolerance

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 12:02:01 UTC 2009

2009/12/7 Giulio Prisco (2nd email) <eschatoon at gmail.com>:
> I agree, of course, on extending tolerance to everyone. This is,
> however, a private opt-in list, and spamming it with religious
> propaganda should only be tolerated up to a certain extent.

Why, of course, but here we go back to my fundamental idea that
moderating a mailing list, a forum, a debate may (should?) basically
mean dealing with the excess of OT.

In other terms, while some piece or another of, e.g., religious
propaganda or commercial information (or a criticism thereof) may
sometimes be relevant to the debate at hand, the typical single-issue
infiltrator is not there to participate to any debate, but just to
profit from any opportunity to post long preaches or rants or
perorations or advertisements that quickly exceed whatever may be of
interest to the other participants.

--
Stefano Vaj