[ExI] pat condell's latest subtle rant

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Dec 7 23:51:17 UTC 2009

> ...On Behalf Of jameschoate at austin.rr.com
> Subject: Re: [ExI] pat condell's latest subtle rant
>
> ---- spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
>
> > John this approach lumps all religious memes together.  I would
> > counter-propose classifying religious thoughtspace into two broad
> > categories: those which suggest killing unbelievers and
> those which do not.
>
> Useless distinction really, the question rests too much on
> political practicality and not ethical bedrock. A more
> practical and pragmatic distinction is whether the religion
> recognizes cosmological transcendence. James Choate

Of course, but the reason I am interested in that particular distinction is
that I wish to avoid those who want to kill me.  If they do not wish to slay
me, I care not if they recognize transcendance, or what they believe, or if
they believe anything.  I have but one life to live, and I do not wish to
have it shortened by a McDawnstor*.

spike

*McDawnstor = Man-caused Disasterist, Associated With No Specific Theology
Or Religion.