[ExI] [Exi] Tolerance

moulton at moulton.com moulton at moulton.com
Tue Dec 8 02:25:03 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-12-07 at 16:21 -0800, Post Futurist wrote:
> What interests me about someone such as a Dawkins is not what he says
> but what he doesn't say, concerning his ambition .
>  If there is no God, then what fills the vacuum left by God's
>  absence? Dawkins or someone else fills the void.

First there is an error in stating that the absence of something
necessarily creates a vacuum.  Second if you are writing about
a "psychological void" then I challange you to prove it.  Because
all I see is assertions with little or no substance and a lack of
evidence.

> So you replace
>  one god with another; you replace a metaphysical god with a secular
>  deity.

And exactly who is this "you"?  If you are referring to me then you
wrong; completely wrong and making assertions about things which you
have no knowlege.

>  Rather than place your money in an offering basket at church,
>  you spend the funds on, say, 'The God Delusion', or 'The Greatest
>  Show On Earth'; go to a lecture or watch a DVD by Dawkins or someone
>  of his sort. And the secular deity stands on the podium like a priest
>  standing in his pulpit.
> As the medium is the message, so too is the messenger the medium:
> the secular messiah's message is "God is dead, but I am alive; and
> I offer an enlightenment you might want in place of God's."

I am not going to bother pointing the remainder of the errors and
logical fallacies; I have better things to do at the moment.

Fred