[ExI] Tolerance

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 8 12:49:00 UTC 2009

"MB" <mbb386 at main.nc.us> declared:

>>"Hur hur hur if you believe in
>> God you're stupid, so we're going to call atheists 'Brights'!  Get it?
>> Huh? Hur hur hur."

> Arrgh. I was on an email list like this once.

> They were correct: keep religion out of science class.

But religion is part of human history and psychology.
There are several sciences where a study of religion is appropriate.

Surely you're not saying that religion shouldn't be studied in anthropology, psychology and psychiatry?

Religion shouldn't be mistaken for a science, of course, but it is a fit subject for study.

Ben Zaiboc