[ExI] Tolerance

Post Futurist p0stfuturist at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 10 05:04:26 UTC 2009

No problem. You are preaching to the choir. But censorship on the web, say? where?, save for censorship directed at child porn. I'm not defending fundamentalists at all. But let's glance at
the world: is China, with its 1.3 or so billion ruled by
religious fundamentalists? Russia? India? Today, fundamentalism might be a secondary or tertiary threat, but only because fundamentalists
are on the defensive. And they aren't too bright, most of them; they
are basically rubes worried about their families.
In their position, I
would worry too.

at least porn is not divisive among cultural/religious lines.  That in itself is an immediate improvement over $$$mas.

Of course, there are societies which are negative and repressive
about sex in general, and that's not a good thing. It would be better
for them if they had no censorship regarding porn and sexually explicit
materials. What's obscene to me are women who are required to wear
tents and veils.

In many cases, porn has practical purposes - but even if it
didn't, I would much prefer to live in a society that did not have
censorship regarding sexually explicit materials.