[ExI] Tolerance.

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 18:55:43 UTC 2009

2009/12/11 John Clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net>:
> You don't know how biological brains work and yet you think human beings are
> conscious, or at least you do when they are not asleep or dead.

Yes. We should really abandon the idea that "conscience" may be
anything that a phenomenical reality based on a pure projection of our
own psychological statuses...

And yet the essentialist view, which brings us into the territory of
inescapable paradoxes as far as uploading, teleport, resurrection,
copying, etc., are concerned keeps re-emerging and re-emerging even in
our ranks.

--
Stefano Vaj