[ExI] atheism

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 16:37:22 UTC 2009

2009/12/11 Mirco Romanato <painlord2k at libero.it>:
> Il 11/12/2009 19.25, John Clark ha scritto:
>> I'll bet you are a atheist regarding Zeus and Thor and the Flying
>> Spaghetti Monster, as Dawkins says he just goes one god further.
>> Agnostics make the logical error of assuming that if there is no
>> evidence that something exists and no evidence that it does not then
>> there is a 50% chance its real.
>
> Even if the chance to be real is only 0.00000000000000000000000001%
> It don't make it unreal, only improbable.

Since when do we base our beliefs on a "certainty of unreality"?

And, btw, I am probably not an "atheist" as far as Zeus and Thor are
concerned. :-)

I simply do not accord them the same status or kind of "reality" which
I consider appropriate for the keyboard I am typing on (even though I
could improbably be hallucinating it...) or which is claimed for
Jahvé/Allah/the Holy Trinity.

--
Stefano Vaj