[ExI] more atheism

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 14:43:58 UTC 2009

2009/12/13 flemming <saefir at yahoo.com>
> I believe stefano makes the logical or illogical error of assuming what agnostics assume. I consider my self an agnostic, but based on the fact that nobody can present to me any evidence that there is or is not a god.

I probably do not explain myself clearly enough. I claim the right to
be "atheist" also in the sense of believing that something with the
features of Jahvé/Allah does not exist not because I think it might be
ultimately demonstrated that they don't (even though in my prospective
some problems exist with their concept itself...).

But simply because this is what we do in our everyday life for any
number of logical or physical possibilities, such as six-footed ducks,
or tthe guilt of conceivably possible perpetrators of a crime when the
relevant burden of proof is not met.

OTOH, I do believe that a character called Pallas Athena is included
in the narrative of the Iliad and in the very fabric of my culture,
and that character and what she represents, as mythical as she may be,
has played a larger role in history than many forgettable (but "real"
in the sense that Jahvé is claimed to be) individuals.

--
Stefano Vaj