[ExI] atheism

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 16 06:31:46 UTC 2009

On Dec 15, 2009,  Mirco Romanato wrote:

> So do the fact that an asteroid collision with Earth is "such a remote possibility" make it silly to think that this could play any part in our life?

The chance that I will be killed by an asteroid is about the same as the chance of me being killed in an airliner crash, remote but worth thinking about. On the other hand I would regard the probability of God existing about equal to that of all the air molecules in my room through random diffusion just happen to end up on the other side of the room and I die of asphyxia in a vacuum. I really don't think that worry deserves further thought.

And there is something else, even if I wanted the possibility of God's existence to play a part in my life I don't have a clue how to go about it and neither does anybody else.

 John K Clark