[ExI] Fwd: Exploring perceived acceleration of time as we age

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 16:11:39 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 12:40 AM, Jeff L Jones wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 8:59 AM, Bryan Bishop wrote:
>> Another interesting observation that we can make is the age at which
>> one year really seems to last one year.
>
> I don't understand this part.  What does it mean to think a year lasts
> a year, if a year seems to last a different length for each age?  It
> doesn't seem like there is any meaningful question to be asked here.

Not sure what the original author was trying to say there. But I
didn't go into enough detail on what I was thinking. Suppose that
"effective age" has a different value than your actual age, and
suppose we hit LEV, and in other words, you're going to live for a
very, very long time. At what "effective age" would you prefer to be
set at? I suppose most people would answer, whatever the global
average is for what people's "effective age" is. I would prefer to be
set to where 1 year feels like 3 years, or even greater.

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507