[ExI] The symbol grounding problem in strong AI.

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 24 17:26:36 UTC 2009

On Dec 23, 2009,  Dave Sill wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 23,  Gordon Swobe  wrote:
>>
>> Where did you buy your computer? I built mine, and I can tell you it runs formal programs in RAM. :)
>
> Really? Not in the CPU? Huh... I though RAM was for storage.

But Dave, programs don't even run on the CPU, really all programs do is open and close semiconductor switches. Opening and closing a switch is a pretty mundane thing to do therefore following Mr.Swobe's logic everything any program can do, any possible output a computer can produce, is mundane. Well, that's certainly true when it comes to reading Mr.Swobe's posts on my computer.

 John K Clark