[ExI] Why is there Anti-Intellectualism? (re: Atheism as somehow different than other religions)

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Sat Dec 26 23:02:37 UTC 2009

On Sat, 26 Dec 2009, Mirco Romanato wrote:

[...]
> After many decades of intellectualism, the common people have developed
> (evolved?) a healthy distrust of the intellectuals, mainly of the social
> intellectuals. In the future this distrust will probably grow stronger, as we
> will reap the fruits of many silly ideas implemented as policies.

Uhum... You know, I am not challenging you, but if you (or anybody) could
give me a list of intellectualists (names, specialty area, you got the
idea), whom I am to blame... And if you don't mind, for what exactly?

The longer such a list, the more interesting from my point of view. Give
me those names, I beg you.

Otherwise, it is encouraging my suspicion, that this "blame the stupid
intellectuals/scientists/hackers/all-the-wiser-folk" story is just pure
manipulation by someone who is trying to cover his/their trails.

Anybody? You can't imagine how happy I will be. Really. You can (kind of)
make my day brighter.

Regards,
Tomasz Rola