[ExI] Why is there Anti-Intellectualism? (re: Atheism as somehow different than other religions)

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 16:21:51 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 6:02 PM, Tomasz Rola <rtomek at ceti.pl> wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Dec 2009, Mirco Romanato wrote:
>
> [...]
>> After many decades of intellectualism, the common people have developed
>> (evolved?) a healthy distrust of the intellectuals, mainly of the social
>> intellectuals. In the future this distrust will probably grow stronger, as we
>> will reap the fruits of many silly ideas implemented as policies.
>
> Uhum... You know, I am not challenging you, but if you (or anybody) could
> give me a list of intellectualists (names, specialty area, you got the
> idea), whom I am to blame... And if you don't mind, for what exactly?
>
> The longer such a list, the more interesting from my point of view. Give
> me those names, I beg you.

### Maynard Keynes, John Kenneth Galbraith, Karl Marx, Friedrich
Engels, Noam Chomsky, almost any random sociologist since Emile
Durkheim, Upton Sinclair, Paul Krugman, Joseph Lincoln Steffens,
Albert Einstein, Jeremy Rifkin - collectively contributing to the
enactment of a staggering number of stupid policies, starting with
meat packing regulations and genetic engineering limits all the way to
affirmative action, social security, and the Fed.

Rafal