[ExI] atheism

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 18:18:00 UTC 2009

2009/12/29 Kevin Freels <reasonerkevin at yahoo.com>
> Samantha, I believe that killing you would be wrong, yet I have no proof.............

Come on, killing Cosmic Engineers when I am around is always wrong... ;-)

Seriously, wrong as in "morally wrong" has to do with Sollen, not with
Sein (what is the expression in English?), and here it is easier to
accept, for those who are not ethical objectivists, that you may adopt
values without any need for "proof":

But let us say that you wrote "I believe that killing you would be
useless to reduce Global Warming, yet I have no proof".

I take it this would not be a matter of faith either, because I assume
that you would accept proof to the contrary, and that there is some
reasonable, albeit inconclusive, reasoning behind such assumption.

--
Stefano Vaj