[ExI] Some new angle about AI

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 29 23:13:46 UTC 2009

----- Original Message ----

Well some hints are more obvious than others. ;-)

http://www.hplusmagazine.com/articles/bio/spooky-world-quantum-biology

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/quantum_biology/

http://cosmos.asu.edu/publications/papers/'Does%20quantum%20mechanics%20play%20a%20non%20trivial%20role%20in%20life'%20BioSystems%20paper.pdf

There's lots more info out there but you need a subscription or an amazon purchase.

> But, there again, quantum computing fully remains in the field of
> computability, does it not? And the existence of "organic computers"
> implementing such principles would be proof that such computers can be
> built. In fact, I would suspect that "quantum computation", in a
> Wolframian sense", would be all around us, also in other, non-organic,
> systems.

I have no proof but I suspect that many biological processes are indeed quantum computations. Quantum tunneling of information backwards through time could, for example, explain life's remarkable ability to anticipate things.

> There again, the theoretical issue would be simply that of executing a
> program emulating what we execute ourselves closely enough to qualify
> as "human-like" for arbitrary purposes, and find ways to implement it
> in manner not making us await its responses for multiples of the
> duration of the Universe... ;-)

In order to do so, it would have to consider a superposition of every possible response and collapse the ouput "wavefunction" on the most appropriate response.

Stuart LaForge

"Science has not yet mastered prophecy. We predict too much for the next year and yet far too little for the next ten." - Neil Armstrong