[ExI] Belief in Market Efficiency

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 06:30:21 UTC 2009

 Damien wrote:

> The Culture's humanoids, docile as house cats?--Bwahahahaha. As docile as
> tigers that humans keep in line, maybe.
>
> Try (re?)reading USE OF WEAPONS or MATTER and see how that equation holds
> up...

Damien, do you own cats?  As I write this my felines are hunting each other
and playing their little war games...  People seem to forget that the
"domesticated" house cat is still a cute furry little killer full of
instincts and built-in weapons to help him/her survive.  Have you ever had
"presents" left for you? lol  I think the house cat metaphor works well for
us as a way of showing the relationship between "civilized" humans and A.I.
in The Culture.

John  : )