[ExI] Belief in Market Efficiency

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sun Feb 1 20:36:06 UTC 2009

At 08:13 PM 2/1/2009 +0100, Mirco the second painlord wrote:

>>>Free market traders with education, enlightenment and refinement
>>>(civilized) have the advantage over savages.
>>
>>And, until 150 years ago, often owned them as chattels. (Or were
>>those not free market traders?)
>
>Not exactly true.

<snip well-known evidence that:>

>We can say that also savages were able (and probably are able) to
>buy civilized people as slaves.

So? Leaving aside the grotesque and loaded original implication that
*anyone* who enslaves and buys or sells other humans can be
considered "civilized", the fact that other people also acted
wickedly does not somehow magically sanitize those "free traders" who
owned humans as chattels.

Unless you thought I was saying that *only* "Free market traders with
education, enlightenment and refinement" owned slaves, and even I'm
not that stupid.

Damien Broderick