[ExI] Belief in Market Efficiency

painlord2k at libero.it painlord2k at libero.it
Mon Feb 2 14:55:53 UTC 2009

Il 01/02/2009 5.05, samantha ha scritto:
> Olga Bourlin wrote:
>> From: "hkhenson" <hkhenson at rogers.com>

>> "Government is an evil; it is only the thoughtlessness and vices of
>> men that make it a necessary evil. When all men are good and wise,
>> government will of itself decay." - Percy Bysshe Shelley

> Or perhaps it is the vices of human beings that make governments much
> too dangerous. A government is a honeypot of power and wealth drawing
> every scoundrel around and often corrupting even the honest. Can we
> become good and wise by making it so easy to be evil on a large scale?

I suppose that people living longer lives will be force to keep better
records of themselves.

A Blagogevich with a 1.000 years life span will need to reconsider how
much is wise to be dishonest to advance his career. And if it is caught
can be keep away from the offices for much more time.

Also, I suppose that an AI helper or an Aug-Reality extension could be
used to visualize the trustfulness of people we see or hear, based on
their past history.
Many of them return when people forget their sins or forget them.
A way to enhance our ability to remember them and what they did (good or
not) would help to avoid these pitfalls.

This is not so much different from how people manage their characters in
a few online games.

Mirco