[ExI] "The High Crusade"

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 03:33:50 UTC 2009

I recently read the great Poul Anderson SF novel, The High Crusade, and just
found a wikipedia entry for a 1994 *film* that was based on the book!  My
first thought was, "I bet someone is hoaxing me about this movie and they
only wish a film had actually been made (you can't believe everything you
read in wikipedia)."  But I found the motion picture listed on IMDB and for
sale on Amazon, which totally shocked me because I consider myself at least
somewhat of a cinemaphile, but I had never heard of this flick.  Sadly, it
turns out this was one of Roland Emmerich's early pre-coming to America
German films and it was supposedly done (according to many user reviews) on
a tiny budget and with a very dumbed down script.  I would hope someone down
the road will do this novel justice.

John