[ExI] Belief in Market Efficiency

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 19:56:23 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 6:25 PM, painlord2k at libero.it
<painlord2k at libero.it> wrote:
> Il 04/02/2009 23.38, Stathis Papaioannou ha scritto:
>>
>> 2009/2/5 painlord2k at libero.it<painlord2k at libero.it>:
>
>> You've ignored my original point, which is that Sweden has one of
>> the highest per capita GDP's in the world, higher than that of the US
>> in 2007 according to the Wikipedia article above,
>
> I got different numbers for the
>  PPP GDP per capita

I must say that I agree with Mirco on that. One cannot really compare
Sweden (in the heart of Europe, not having known a war for centuries,
more rich in natural resources than in population, etc.) with the
United States - or for that matter, Russia or China.

It would be like comparing Sweden with Montecarlo. Does have
Montecarlo the best political system in the world because he has the
highest pro-capite income? One might oppose that Fifth Avenue in
Manhattan has probably a higher average income than Sweden, in the
same spirit.

Still, all in all, I would rather be Obama or Putin than the Prime
Minister of Sweden. *Absolute* power and wealth also counts, after
all, not just "pro capite". :-)

--
Stefano Vaj