[ExI] "new communities out of the reach of governments"

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 11:14:12 UTC 2009

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 10:46 AM, painlord2k wrote:
> This is because I'm a strong supporter of "Space Islands".
>
> A community can become and remain free if it is strong enough to dissuade
> others from interfering with them and don't give them reasons strong enough
> to combat a war against them.
> Then, there is nothing that prevent a community of free people to win a war
> against a government. It is matter only of resources, will and intelligence.

Now you really are in total fantasy land.

The problems of setting up *any* small community make it almost
impossible. Look at how few manage to struggle along, barely
surviving.

But you want to set up a community big enough and strong enough to
fight off governments! How many volunteers do you expect to get?

And 'Space Islands' must be in the distant future when nano-Santa
gives everybody everything they can possibly wish for.

Try and bring a bit of real-world practicality back into your dreams.

BillK