[ExI] Personal Rapid Transit at Heathrow

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 05:02:37 UTC 2009

Very sci-fi: Heathrow Airport in the UK is getting a PRT system.
http://www.ultraprt.com/heathrow.htm

There are great animations here, and some real footage of the system
on a test track. Also, the construction is underway, and you can see
some of that.

They clearly have plans to expand it. I can't find where I read this,
but somewhere it says that they are intending to expand the system
eventually to go to the rental car facilities and to nearby hotels.

See also this clip for Masdar City, in Abu Dhabi:
http://www.technologyreview.com/video/?vid=241

--
Emlyn

http://emlyntech.wordpress.com - coding related