[ExI] wormholes vs. nonlocal correlation

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Tue Feb 17 23:18:49 UTC 2009

John Cramer published a paper in 1991 on quantum time travel:
http://www.npl.washington.edu/AV/altvw45.html
He notes: "The point of departure of the AAPV calculation from
standard quantum mechanics is that it applies the principle of
superposition to the time evolutions of a group of similar quantum
states. This is not normally done in quantum mechanics, but it should
be OK. It seems to be consistent with both the formalism of the
theory and its usual interpretation, **provided the states are
isolated from measurement and outside interaction while evolving.**"

I suspected that my notion falls down immediately for much the same
reason; presumably you can't slow or trap one part of the entangled
system without (in effect) clobbering it with other particles or
fields, breaking the entanglement. Yes? Or might new entanglements
just be added without decohering the initial state?

Damien Broderick