[ExI] CALL: H+ call for papers

hkhenson hkhenson at rogers.com
Thu Feb 19 23:15:35 UTC 2009

At 12:48 PM 2/19/2009, you wrote:

>Some of us find this challenging.  If you don't, so what?  Don't get
>your knickers all twisted about it.

I went looking on their web site to see if the meeting was funded by
the John Templeton foundation, which for some reason seems to have it
in for transhumanism.  At least they don't show up on a fast search.

I wonder how a proposed paper, "Does successful transhumanism mean
the end of religions?" would go over.

I could definitely make such a case.  Presumably successors who were
at least "weakly godlike" (to invoke Charles Stross) would have
little use for religion.

Such a paper could get into the EP case (cases) why religion is a
species typical trait and why we might design it out if its root is
in stone age population control via war.

I would be arrested if I went to Canada, so if there is anyone going
who would like to co author or give the paper, let me know.

Keith