[ExI] CALL: H+ call for papers

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Feb 20 04:44:54 UTC 2009

On Behalf Of hkhenson

> Hmm.  It would seem to me that accepting a proposal means you
> could become a member, but what do I know?
>
> Keith
>
> PS.  I once suggested to the Templeton foundation that they
> resolve the question of Gods by setting up a serious of
> prizes like the X-prizes for teams who could demonstrate
> increasing god-like powerz.  It could either result in
> creating a god, or attract the attention of God himself (I am
> a jealous God).  Needless to say, they didn't take my advice.

Keith, I know why I am friends with you.  This is a hoot!  {8^D  I can
imagine you suggesting something like this to the Templeton Foundation.

Regarding becoming a member of this organization, I might actually consider
it, assuming it costs very little and doesn't devour much time.  It might be
interesting to be kind of a quiet infiltrator, to see if one formally
trained in theology at the college level might be able to smuggle in some
transhumanist memes.  I know their vocabulary.  They are not nearly as
dangerous as [name deleted].

Actually the more I think about it, the less I like the sneaky-ness of being
an infiltrator, but I just don't know how they would take a former christian
fundamentalist who converted to atheism.  Suggestions welcome.