[ExI] kindle 2

Martin Striz mstriz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 18:25:41 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 2:00 AM, John Grigg <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was nearly raised in Australia.  My parents wanted to immigrate from the U.S. (NYC), but the Aussie Consulate felt a travel agent and a secretary were not a good addition to the Australian work force.
>
> I wonder what my Aussie life would have been like?  Hmmm.....

Faced the same situation when I emigrated with my parents from
Slovakia.  We waited for (I guess what you could call) political
asylum in Austria for a year.  Canada and Australia turned us down.
The US and South Africa accepted us.  At the time, the Communist
papers were filled with horror stories about the crime rate in the US,
but even with that bad information, South Africa seemed like a worse
place to settle in 1983.  So I'm here rather than on some other side
of the planet.

Small decisions changed everything about my life.  Chaos theory in action.

BTW, hi folks.

--Martin