[ExI] we need a transhumanist themed film to truly inspire theworld, but what should it be?

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 05:39:29 UTC 2009

Damien wrote:
>"hop to, old son!"

I went to several Aussie slang websites but had no success trying to find
what this expression meant.  Damien, please enlighten me. hee

Greg Bear, Charles Stross, Greg Egan, Linda Nagata, Paul J. McAuley, Neal
Stephenson, Walter Jon Williams, Bruce Sterling, Gregory Benford and Damien
Broderick are among my favorite 500 lb. gorillas in the science fiction
field.  On second thought, Benford at this point may be an 800 lb. gorilla!
I say this not only because he has written many bestselling SF tomes, but
he has now branched out into biotechnology start-ups.  At the Convergence
Conference he spoke at length about the goals of his company and how they
have some cool things in the works.

John Grigg  : )