[ExI] [wta-talk] Roger Ebert reviews "Fanboys"

Michael LaTorra mlatorra at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 23:34:59 UTC 2009

I suspect that Ebert's real problem here (aside from the possibility that
this film, which I have not yet seen, is just no damn good) is the fact that
he himself WAS a major science fiction fan.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Ebert
which says:
*As a teenager, Ebert was involved in **science fiction
fandom*<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_fiction_fandom>
*,[8] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Ebert#cite_note-7> writing
articles for **fanzines* <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanzines>*, including
**Richard A. Lupoff* <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_A._Lupoff>*'s **
Xero* <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xero_(SF_fanzine)>*.*

As for myself, I'm a totally unrepentant, middle-aged fan of science fiction
and I don't care who knows it. My kids laugh, my wife rolls her eyes, but
"Here I stand; I can do no other" (with appropriate apologies to Martin
Luther for stealing his immortal line).

Regards,
Mike LaTorra