[ExI] battery breakthru

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 00:09:36 UTC 2009

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 3:26 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Let's hope this is fer real:
>
> http://www.technologyreview.com/read_article.aspx?ch=specialsections&sc=batt
> eries&id=18086

One can expect supporters to say optimistic things, and
skeptics/detractors to emphasize the negative, so I took note when Jim
Miller, a skeptic, conceded a crucial foundational fact:

"Jim Miller, vice president of advanced transportation technologies at
Maxwell Technologies and an ultracap expert who spent 18 years doing
engineering work at Ford Motor, isn't so convinced.

<snip>

But then he says:

"I have no doubt you can develop that kind of [ceramic] material, and
the mechanism that gives you the energy storage is clear..."

Best, Jeff Davis

   "Everything's hard till you know how to do it."
                           Ray Charles