[ExI] YES! to Transhumanism.

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 5 21:48:41 UTC 2009

"Damien Broderick" <thespike at satx.rr.com>

> Is it only me, or does "Order of Cosmic Engineers" sound like something
> 8-10 year old boys would be avid to join by clipping the coupon on the
> back of their Kellogg's packet? (Free plastic raygun with every 20 packet
> tops!)

Yes, lets have something a little more dignified, like "Captain Midnight's
Radio Rangers".

By the way I seem to recall reading a book as a kid called "Cosmic
 Engineers". Among many other wonderful things it had a woman who had been
cytogenetically frozen for 10,000 years, but it turned out her mind kept
working during all that time. All she could do was think, so when they
thawed her out after thinking about stuff for 10,000 years she became the
world's greatest mathematician. At least I think it was that book, but maybe
it was some other pulp I was reading at the time.

 John K Clark