[ExI] Allah's genetic and social engineering

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Wed Jan 14 19:06:25 UTC 2009

<http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/14/opinion/14goldberg-1.html?pagewanted=2&th&emc=th>

Nizar Rayyan expressed much the same sentiment the night we spoke in
2006. We had been discussing a passage of the Koran that suggests
that God turns a group of impious Jews into apes and pigs. The
Hezbollah leader, Hassan Nasrallah, among others, has deployed this
passage in his speeches. Once, at a rally in Beirut, he said: "We
shout in the face of the killers of prophets and the descendants of
the apes and pigs: We hope we will not see you next year. The shout
remains, 'Death to Israel!'"

Mr. Rayyan said that, technically, Mr. Nasrallah was mistaken. "Allah
changed disobedient Jews into apes and pigs, it is true, but he
specifically said these apes and pigs did not have the ability to
reproduce," Mr. Rayyan said. "So it is not literally true that Jews
today are descended from pigs and apes, but it is true that some of
the ancestors of Jews were transformed into pigs and apes, and it is
true that Allah continually makes the Jews pay for their crimes in
many different ways. They are a cursed people."