[ExI] FW: how the hell did this happen?

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Jan 18 00:17:26 UTC 2009

> ...On Behalf Of Olga Bourlin
>
> I just signed a heads-up for the ACLU ... here's the link:
>
> http://www.aclu.org/contact/general/
>
> Maybe those of us on the list who are interested could also
> do that.  Let the ACLU know your concern.  Here's the story
> (from Spike's original post on this matter):

> Olga

Thanks Olga, good work.

I imagined an interesting thought experiment:  what if... the Campbells had
been Palestinians, from Gaza?  What would the CPS do in that case?  If they
were sympathetic with Hitler it would at least be easy to explain why, ja?
Did anyone come up with any answer to this experiment besides: nothing?  The
CPS would do nothing in that case.

I expect there is a lot more to this CPS action beyond the Campbells giving
their kids stigmatic names, but my point is that the CPS must tell us those
reasons, and they better be damn good ones, with plenty of evidence for
every claim.  Government agencies can never be trusted with arbitrary power,
certainly not the power to take anyone's children at their own arbitrary
discretion without meticulous oversight and accountability.