[ExI] consciousness and perception

Ian Goddard iamgoddard at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 07:57:03 UTC 2009

Brent Allsop wrote:

> On the idea of consciousness, I'm in these camps:
>
> http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/88/6

 I've also argued the representationalist theory of perception:

http://www.iangoddard.com/paranorm.htm
http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/Departments/StudentJournal/volume2/Ian.pdf

A professor once rebuked that thesis arguing that the world you perceive could not be a mere model in your brain of the world outside your brain because it's too dark to see anything inside your brain. He was serious! Gee, so then I guess dreams must occur outside your brain, since (by his reasoning) it's too dark in your brain to see dreams. ~Ian

http://IanGoddard.com

"It is Art, and Art only, that reveals us to ourselves." - Oscar Wilde