[ExI] iranian riots all a huge mistake

Kevin Freels kevin at kevinfreels.com
Wed Jul 8 06:22:45 UTC 2009

Hope you are right. So far I have been disappointed in our species. We
 > seem to be incapable of giving up religious memes.

I'm always annoyed when I read such things. we are a young species. most of everything we know has been learned in the last 200 years. there are people alive who were born before powered flight. religious memes take advantage of religious genes that can't be just left vacant. instead I think they need to be replaced with rational memes that fulfill the same needs as religious memes. this type of replacement takes many generations and you just need to do your part to help those memes spread and have FAITH that they will. christianity has taken 2000 years to get to where it is now. it's not going to be replaced after a hundred or so years of real scientific progress. the human species is fine. it just needs some tweaking just like any other species.