[ExI] Americans are poor drivers

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 23:26:37 UTC 2009

2009/7/9 Dan <dan_ust at yahoo.com>:

> Yes, while true, my point was that there are options and no one is forced into those things.  Yes, I can agree to some contract that's extremely restrictive.  But I can also NOT agree to that -- e.g., not form or come into agreement with your very state-like road company.  My guess is in a world of free market roads, we'd see very little like the scenario you depict.

It may be just the sort of thing you would see given the current
arrangement in most places if the government dissolved or decided to
divest itself of direct investment in roads. Ownership would then
naturally go to the citizens, who may choose to maintain it as a
public resource in the way described. After all, this is why publicly
owned resources and companies exist, although from time to time they
are privatised.

--
Stathis Papaioannou