[ExI] No need for radical changes in human nature/was Re: Private and government R&D

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Thu Jul 9 23:32:08 UTC 2009

At 05:24 AM 7/9/2009 -0400, Rafal wrote:

[Stathis:]
> > I don't think the evidence, such as it is,
> > warrants the conclusion that the world would be a less violent place
> > if the average IQ increased to 140.
>
>### Peer-reviewed research indicates otherwise:
>
>http://law.jrank.org/pages/1364/Intelligence-Crime-R-20-meaningful-correlation-size.html

"Hypothetically, then, randomly assigning high IQs to low-IQ
individuals would decrease their criminal behavior by about 30 percent"

Yes. And since stupid people are perhaps more likely to depend on
brute force rather than cunning (except among themselves), one might
expect less violence and certainly less crime if IQs were universally
boosted--unless newly high-IQ pests became even more bored,
frustrated and intrusive, like script kiddies with their fun viruses.

Damien Broderick

Database version: 6.12790