[ExI] systems thinking

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 22:03:27 UTC 2009

On 7/13/09, ben wrote:
<snip>
>  If children actually take any notice of their education, they _are_ taught
> 'systems thinking', it seems to me.  It's just not called that, it's
> distributed among many bits and pieces of the curriculum.
>
>  I thought there was something new to learn, but it seems not.

In the UK schools, you can get an A-Level course on Critical Thinking.
(A-Level certificates count towards university entrance qualifications).

    *  AS Unit 1: Credibility of Evidence
    * AS Unit 2: Assessing and Developing Argument
    * A2 Unit 3: Resolution of Dilemmas
    * A2 Unit 4: Critical Reasoning
<http://www.criticalthinking.org.uk/unit1/>

Although this course teaches pupils how to think clearly,
unfortunately, many universities do not accept this as a 'proper'
course, like History or Physics, and will not accept this certificate
as part of your university entrance qualification.

BillK