[ExI] iranian riots all a huge mistake

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 12:53:36 UTC 2009

2009/7/13 Mirco Romanato <painlord2k at libero.it>:

>> There may be temporary
>> setbacks but ultimately religion is doomed, or at least doomed to be
>> watered down until it's inoffensive.
>
> I would classify this under "religious prophecies".

It is a description of what has happened progressively everywhere in
the world over many centuries. The increasing religiosity in the
Islamic world and in the US in the last few decades is an aberration.
As you can see, even in Iran it is gradually being watered down, with
a semisecular semidemocratic government, and now protests in the
streets. Compare this situation with the situation in 1979 and
extrapolate another 30 years. No guarantees, of course, but I am
hopeful.

--
Stathis Papaioannou