[ExI] Charles Brown of Locus dies

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Tue Jul 14 21:59:22 UTC 2009

At 05:14 PM 7/14/2009 -0400, David Lubkin wrote:

>I saw Charlie this past weekend at Readercon. He was a little
>tired but in full form, on several panels and in hallway conversation.
>He died on his flight back to California, ten minutes before landing.

Ah-ha! You, David, however, I see at last, are still alive! Apologies
for posting via the list, but you have declined to answer any of my
emails directed to you for the last few years (or perhaps never got
them), ever since you asked me to contribute to your proposed
anthology in tribute to the late, great Cordwainer Smith. This is
just to say that I finally gave up, sent my story to Tor.com instead,
where it will be published online in a couple of weeks, along with an
audio version read horribly by me.

Damien Broderick