[ExI] Greening the Sahara

Fred C. Moulton moulton at moulton.com
Fri Jul 17 05:30:47 UTC 2009

Whenever I hear of a large scale project like this I ask "what are the
downside risks?"

The earth as a whole and weather in particular are not simple.  Do we
know what greater rainfall in the Sahara would mean for rainfall else
where?  How would weather change in other areas if weather changed in
the Sahara?

I am not saying it is necessarily a bad idea.  I am just raising the
question.  For example would in change the weather in Greece or Italy or
Egypt or anywhere else?

Fred