[ExI] Private and government R&D

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Wed Jul 22 09:57:19 UTC 2009

Damien Broderick ha scritto:
> At 11:01 PM 7/21/2009 -0400, Rafal wrote:
>
>> >  the wealthy have power over the poor, in the same way
>> > that government has power, but without even the pretense of allowing
>> > the governed a say in how they are governed.
>>
>> ### What makes you think so? Do you see rich individuals and powerful
>> corporations embedded in morally advanced societies routinely
>> squashing anyone that gets in their way?

> I'm just going to sit here for a while and marvel at this question.

Well, just don't consider the people and the corporations that do
business with the government.

They routinely squash anyone that is in their way, using the power of
government. And both use the "common good" justification for their
actions. They very rarely are willing to do so themselves or do so
themselves. Too much risks.

Mirco