[ExI] Private and government R&D

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 06:46:33 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 9:15 AM, Tom Nowell<nebathenemi at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Rafal wrote " Do you see rich individuals and powerful
> corporations embedded in morally advanced societies routinely
> squashing anyone that gets in their way? What kind of society did you
> grow up in?"
>
> Hello, I grew up in the UK, home of the world's most vicious libel laws. We have no freedom of speech here, and libel laws are often used to sue into the ground anyone who dares say nasty things about the rich.
> Damien boggles at your question because he's probably used to stories of rich people buying their way out of trouble and of rich companies using lawyers to suppress the underdog. Of course, Americans could be forgiven for thinking it's people like the Scientologists who routinely squash everyone who so much as looks at them funny.

### The faithful, as they behold a battlefield full of maimed corpses,
screaming wounded, wailing women and orphaned children, say "God is
love". As their children are claimed by the pox, they say "Praise the
Lord! God is merciful".

As the believer cites evidence of government dysfunction, where
judges, bailiffs, policemen, all fed by your taxes, are destroying the
lives of innocent people, he exclaims "Down with the rich! We need
more government!".

Rafal